2 watches 1 iphone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by Bob Lane, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Bob Lane

Bob Lane New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    My wife has an iPhone 6 Plus on 12.4.2 and an iWatch 3 wifi only. We only have one iPhone and the cost to add a 2nd iPhone is prohibitive. I have Afib and various health issues and the ECG, HR, fall detection and so on would be very useful to me. From what I have found - 2 iWatches can be paired with 1 iPhone but not active at the same time. If I were to set up a new watch on her iPhone and avoid connecting it once activated - what would work and not work etc... I greatly appreciate any insights someone could offer to this operation. I understand I could not message and call while not connected to her phone. My thought it to simply uses it as a smart wifi connected watch for music, health monitors, afib alert etc - Thank You for your consideration.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

ECG requires that the watch be connected to the iPhone as the ECG data is stored in the Health app on the iPhone. Fall detection requires connection to an iPhone or a cellular Watch with an active cellular plan in order to call emergency services.

• Like Like x 2