Apple Watch 6 scratches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by ShlomiA, Nov 15, 2020.

1. ShlomiA

ShlomiA New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi
    I bought a month ago apple watch 6 44mm aluminum gps + cellular and i already got some scratches on the screen and some on the glass of the back band relaese button. Is there anyway to make it disappear because it is a new watch and it is sucks. I heard about polywatch but i afraid of it. What can i do? Thank you.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Polywatch and other glass polishing products will damage the protective coatings of the watch face. They would also be difficult to use with out damaging the other surfaces of the watch, most of which have some kind of coating or textured finish. Most likely it would also void your warrantee.

So, not recommended.

There is isn’t much you can do about scratches. Most people don’t have a lot of trouble with scratches, but some do. My guess is it depends a lot on your profession and/or the soil types where you live. Some soils and environments have harsher abrasives floating around.

You can get screen and watch protectors to help prevent scratches. Some people swear by these. I don’t bother. I treat my watches much as I do my car. It’s nice that it doesn’t have scratches or dents when brand new, but they are an inevitable fact of ownership if you actually use it.

So far I don’t have any scratches on my Apple Watch 6 (at least not to a casual inspection) and I’ve never had more than a few barely noticeable scratches on my older watch faces. I believe that is common, but I could be wrong.

Note: I’m retired and don’t do a lot of dirty, outdoor, or industrial type work. I’m sure that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

The stainless steel, ceramic, and titanium Apple Watches have sapphire crystals and it’s almost impossible to scratch them. You may want to get one of those models for your next Apple Watch.

• Like Like x 3