Apple watch games

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Games' started by psj3809, May 27, 2016.

1. psj3809

psj3809 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi all

Huge fan of mobile gaming, have 600+ games on my iphone (128gb edition) and I was really interested in seeing how the watch might handle games.

Bought a fair few...

A Tiny game of Pong - Decent simple Pong style game, nice to have a clone of the old 1970's style TV game. Works quite well
    Alien Invasion - This devs done a fair few LCD game n watch style games. This ones not bad at all
    Almighty Mini games - Features TicTacToe (not bad), Simon, Connect Four (pretty good version). Use this mostly for connect 4. Annoying it doesnt use the crown and instead uses on screen buttons for left/right though
    Black Jack Free - Good Blackjack game
    Catch me if you cat - Nice maze game, move one spot at a time as does the 'computer'. Have to press the edge of the screen which is a pain at times. Worth picking up though
    Elf Panic - Another LCD style game from the same dev, has potential but using the crown is difficult to control the elf
    Four Letters - Nice professional word game, try to guess the word which appears with just 4 letters
    Games for watch 9 in 1 - Brick breaker, Block dash, candy shoot, city block, numbers, pong, pac pac, avoid spike and snake classic. Some okay games in this, the Pac Pac game i thought might be good but its pretty disappointing. Have to control two 'Pac's at the same time and avoid objects. Still a decent cheap collection to play a few times
    Lifeline - Theres 3 of these available for the watch, simple 'interactive' storybook but very well done
    Mini Watch games - I actually really like the 'Invaders' game in this, quite simple and doesnt seem to get faster ther fewer aliens there are but looks good and plays okay. Also has Snake, Tennis, Tiles, Troopers, Walk the line. Again a nice collection
    Santa - My favourite LCD game from the same dev, reminds me of the old Donkey Kong games. Take the present from the left and drop it on the right avoiding the enemies. Works well.
    Watch games - You can tell i like these compilation apps ! Has a few games - Rebound, Smuggler, Snake, Cracker. Again look at the app in the app store and see the screenshots, a nice collection of simple games
    Watch Arcade - Another compilation. Bricks, Bubbles, Mines and 2048. Okay-ish, probably need more time with it.
    Wrist Race - Tries to be an old skool LCD race game, not bad
    XO - Noughts and crosses - really like this one

So the compilation apps are a bit hit/miss, some okay games on them, some 'filler'. Worth trying or have a look at the screenshots.

As an old skool gamer (Love 80's games) i really like those LCD games as its a great idea for the watch. Hopefully other devs do something similar. Even simple games like you used to have on watches back in the 80's (simple Pacman games) could work well on the watch

• Like Like x 2
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Nice review/list. Thanks

3. Michael64

Michael64 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Really thanks for this post :)

4. psj3809

psj3809 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Some updates !

Galaxia - Nice Galaxians type game, not too different from the devs other game though - Space Invaders
    Revenge Space - Nice attempt at a side scroller Gradius type of game, Even has a boss at the end, Fires for you automatically, you move up/down but pretty good
    Gold Miner - Tap the screen for the rope to go down to try and get some gold, very simple but a bit different
    Space War - Even has a bit of speech ! Simple vertical shooter with asteroids
    Watch Wheels - Attempt at a top down racing game. Not bad once you get used to the controls
    Space War Defense - Tap the screen to shoot fast, not bad. Worth a try
    Saturn 3d - Decent shooter but not updated for Watch os 5
    Knight Watch - Really good puzzle style game. You have to get the enemies in a 'chess style' knight move (eg 2 up one across or 1 up 2 across)
    Marble Madness - Nice attempt at this type of game but its a bit different. Press the on screen arrows to go in that direction, quite a fun puzzler- looks good
    Wing Shooter - One of the best watch games, only issue is you cant turn off the sound ! Great graphics, power ups, nice vertical shooter. Great looking watch game
    Space Out - Like arkanoid/space invaders, control the bat to hit the ball into the invaders. Nice retro graphics
    Tiny Armies - Nice strategic type of game, basically you need to swipe your 'blue army' over the red army icon. Later on theres more different elements on the playing field. Good game
    Invaders - From the maker of Galaxia, practically the same apart from these dont float down to attack you

Well worth trying Tiny Armies and Wing Shooter. Again back in the 80's playing Number Invaders on my watch i never thought years later you could have lots of different ones on one device !