Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by hannaluv, May 13, 2015.

1. hannaluv

hannaluv New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    It's nice to know that Apple Watch has Sapphire glass. Nevertheless it is still prone to scratches.. So I decided to purchase a screen protector for this. I have ordered Skinomi Apple Watch screen protector 38mm and so far it was just perfect.The fit is spot on and it's crystal clear. I love it. Anyone here, what do you have on your Apple Watch? Are you having it naked?

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I have a watch with a sapphire crystal which I've worn almost every day for almost 30 years and in that near 30 year period I haven't had one scratch on the sapphire crystal. To damage the crystal you'll have to hit it hard enough to crack it and a screen protector won't help you there. I haven't heard of owners of Rolexes and other high end Swiss brands using the equivalent of screen protectors on their watches.
    Since the only thing harder than sapphire is diamond, I think the possibility of scratching your Apple Watch crystal is so small as to be almost non-existent.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hannaluv

hannaluv New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Nevertheless, I'm clumsy so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I plan to keep this Apple Watch for long and if time comes, I'll hand it to someone else, I'd like it to be in good condition.

4. bvdfit1970

bvdfit1970 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I have sold Swiss time pieces for 15 years in the price range of $300 - $70,000.00 and I can affirm that the sapphire crystal should hold up flawlessly for a lifetime under normal wear and tear. That doesn't mean that under the right circumstances with the right amount of pressure and at the right angle that the crystal cannot be damaged. The type of damage that I have seen was in the form of cracking and shattering and the circumstances leading to the damage very unusual. So while the crystal protector may be redundant if it makes you feel better about wearing the watch then go for it but still know it won't help from crushing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3