Bluetooth earphones for phone conversations using Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by John Techwriter, Sep 12, 2014.

1. John Techwriter

John Techwriter New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    According to Apple's Watch site, you can accept calls on your Watch and, optionally, route them to your iPhone or to your Bluetooth earphones.

I'm not quite sure how this would work -- would the Bluetooth earphones be paired with the Watch but not to its iPhone? I suppose if the Watch is already paired with the iPhone, the earphones would be too as soon as they were paired with the Watch.

However the pairing works out, it seems the Bluetooth earphone/earbud/mic marketplace is about to get a significant boost. That is, if indeed it will be possible to take calls using Watch and earbuds (with build-in mic) only, not having to physically access the iPhone you've got tucked away in your briefcase.

Am I missing something, or is there a Bluetooth earphone in my future, along with iPhone 6 and Watch?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I'm guessing that the bluetooth earphones will always be paired with the iPhone, but because the Watch is also paired the audio will be smart enough to go where you want, or offer you the option when it exists. Remember, just because you can talk through the Watch does not mean it is a phone. All Phone conversations are going to go through the iPhone.

What I see is it working almost exactly the way it does on the iPhone. When a call comes in you will have the option to answer on the Watch, the bluetooth headphones (if they are present). Or, you can ignore the Watch and take your phone out of y our pocket to answer it that way.

3. ArubaKid

ArubaKid Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I have a BackBeat GO bluetooth wireless stereo headset from plantronics that I use to listen to music from my iPhone 5S when I exercise. EarBUDS, not a cover-the-ear device (I prefer the buds for exercise). I plan to use this for an iPhone 6Plus/AppleWatch/ BackBeat trio.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014