Can’t get Apple store on watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Larry Cruzen, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Every time I try to use Apple Store app, I get the message, “We’re sorry, the store is unavailable. Try again later”. Any advice?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    You mean on the iPhone? There is no App Store on the watch.

The best way to find apps that have a watch component is to use the Watch app on you iPhone: either the App Store or Search tab.

You can find them using the main App Store app, but it is less efficient.

If the Main App Store or Watch app are having issues, try restarting the iPhone.

• Like Like x 2
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Try opening the Apple Store app on your iPhone and hold it next to your Apple Watch. Next, open the app on the Apple Watch . The app communicates with the iPhone through Bluetooth and when you use the app for the first time it has to load the info from your iPhone. I just tried it on my Apple Watch and that is what I had to do to get the Apple Store app to work on my Apple Watch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi, Twerppoet. Glad to see you here. We talked many times on the iPad forum. Since there is an app icon on my watch, I figured it was a way to get at the watch apps at the app store. It just doesn’t work. I tried the suggestion by scifan57, but it didn’t solve the problem.

I tried the watch app on my iPhone, but it did not show only watch apps. Still didn’t find a free radar app for the watch. I use radar for things like determining whether to carry an umbrella into a store, etc. I can always use my phone. Not important enough to pay extra for it.

5. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Thanks for the reply, scifan57. I tried this several times, but it did not work. Same message.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. J. A.

J. A. Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    The Apple Store on your watch is not the App Store app where you get apps for the Apple Watch. If you want to buy something from Apple, or need to know the location of the next Apple Store, e.g., you can use the Apple Store app. It will not work before you haven‘t opened the Apple Store app on your iPhone.

If you intend to buy or download apps for the Apple Watch, you‘ll have to go to the Watch app and select „App Store“ at the bottom. The apps you see there are compatible with your watch, but might also work on iPhone or iPad. I don‘t think there are apps for the Apple Watch only.

• Like Like x 3
  7. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    There is no App Store app on the watch. I’m not sure what icon you are looking at. If you are looking at the screen of app icons, force press on the face and choose List View. You’ll see the apps in a scrollable list, with the app name as well as the icon.

E812069A-12E3-481F-96F8-4184CDC720BB.png

For short term rain predictions, I use the RainAware app. I makes rain predicitons for the next three hours. They are based on radar returns and wind conditions. I’ve found it a bit more accurate than looking at a standard weather app. It may not work (or be avialalble) in your area. Though I almost never use it.

I did not mention it before, because I did not remember it would do radar maps.

1FB803A9-33CE-433C-B320-56151615C34D.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Aha! Now I understand. I thought it was the app store icon, not the Apple store. Thank you.
    Larry

• Like Like x 2
  9. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Thanks, Twerppoet. I downloaded Rainaware. The radar image is very small on the watch, and you can’t “pinch” it to zoom in. Probably be OK for major weather systems, but certainly not to see what’s coming soon.
    Larry

• Like Like x 1
  10. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    True, but I’ve found the forcast ring to be reasonably accurate, at least enough to let you know whether you want to walk the dog or not. That is mostly what I used it for. The app on the iPhone has more views. I like the 5-Minute Precipitation Probablily screen the most.

If you do find a satisfactory radar view the watch, I’d like to know.

• Like Like x 2
  11. J. A.

J. A. Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    You‘re welcome.