Change calendars on Apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Larry Cruzen, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    My wife and I display the calendar as one of the complications on our series 4 watches. Mine displays my calendar and hers displays hers. Can I change hers so it displays my calendar, which is the only one we use?
    Larry

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Ok, to save a bit of time (hopefully) I’m going to make a couple of assumptions. Let me know if I’m wrong.

1) You and your wife have separate iCloud accounts.
    2) You both use the built in Calendar app, or a third party app that uses the iCloud calendar data.
    3) you both have iPhones.

In that case, the easiest thing to do is to share your calendar with your wife using the iPhone’s Calendar app. To do this tap the Calendar (on your iPhone) at the bottom of the screen, then the (i) icon to the right of your main calendar. Tap Add Person and enter your wife’s iCloud email. After she is added, you can change her share permissions to just view or view&edit. She will receive an email to accept and add the calendar to her iPhone.

Once she has accepted the calendar, make sure it is working on the iPhone.

In the Watch app on her iPhone, go to the Calendar in the My Watch. Under the CALENDARS heading, either mirror the iPhone to show the same calendars as the iPhone, or use Custom so it only shows the calendars you want. You can also tailor what calendar notifications show up on the watch.

If you use Google Calendars you can do the same thing, but need to do the sharing through Google.

If you use a third party calendar app, you can either use the Calendar app or the the third party app to do the sharing. As long as the third party app uses the iCloud Calendar data to sync, it should work the same. I use Fantastical for most things, but gave you the instructions for Apple’s Calendar app.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
  3. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Or if you want to keep seeing both your appointments, but would like to keep them in different calendars (for organization) you can share your individual calendars both ways.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Thanks, Twerppoet. Your presumptions were all correct. My iphone, ipad and her ipad are all on my account, but her iphone is on her own account. We use the built in calendar app.
    I followed all instructions, including accepting my calendar on her phone. It now shows on her phone under calendar/calendars/icloud as “calendar shared by Larry Cruzen”. I clicked the circled check mark to make it blue. I also set this as the default calendar in settings. Problem is that my calendar still won’t show on her phone. I must be missing something.

Larry

5. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Make sure the calendar appears and is turned on in the Calendar app on her phone.

684A40A4-1A37-4829-BFB0-C615B6C2052F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I had the “calendar shared by Larry Cruzen” turned on, but not icloud/home & work. Turned them on and it worked. Sure don’t understand that, but it accomplished what I wanted. Thank you very much, Twerppoet. I have a couple other questions about the calendar app, but will submit them inj a separate post.
    Larry

• Like Like x 3
  7. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Glad to help.