Looking at upcoming events on calendar app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Larry Cruzen, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Is possible to look at upcoming events on the apple watch calendar app? Suppose you want to see whats coming up two days hence?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    As far as I can tell, you are limited to the current day using default calendar app. Other apps can show more.

I use Fantastical. It can show today, today & tomorrow, or multiple days; depending on what you have set it for on the iPhone app’s watch settings. The last seems to be about a week, but might be less if you have lots of events. I’m not sure.

Fantastical uses the same iCloud calendar data as the native app. That means once you give it access to iCloud, all your appointments are already there, and they stay synced no mater which app (Calendar or Fantastical) you use to add/edit events. It also combines Reminders if you want it to. Same story syncing, your current reminders are kept intact.

Calendars by Readle (or Calendar 5) is also popular, but I don’t know what it will show on the watch.

I did a quick experiment with Siri on the watch. What I found is that you can only see appointments on the watch for the next seven days. Ask for the next seven days and it tells you that Calendar for Apple Watch only goes out 7 days. Ask for “Show me my appointments for the next six days” and you get a list. Ask “Show me my appointments for the week and you’ll get less. How much less depends on how much week is left.

868228BF-75BF-47AD-863E-A3C5614191DD.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Larry Cruzen

Larry Cruzen New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Well, Twerppoet, I owe you another thanks. I just hadn’t thought about using siri to look ahead on the calendar. Works fine. Anything beyond six days probably warrants taking the drastic action of picking up the phone to check.

Now I gotta go try to think up something to stump you.

Larry

4. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport

5. brayjd

brayjd New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Try the Coyomi calendar app as this provides a 12 month view

• Like Like x 1
  6. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Last plug for Fantastical. Not free, but good on the watch, better on the iPhone, and by far my favorite on the iPad. The Infograph and list views are configurable in the settings of the phone app. I’m showing the settings I’m using; which I believe are the defaults.

Does not have a month view, but you can fall back on the Calendar app for that; or use the Coyomi app mentioned by brayjd. You can have more than one calendar app. As long as they all use the same data (iCloud or Google) the events will stay in sync.

A4C0748E-BFFC-469E-B16F-DF821A252CD6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1