Lucrin Double Tour Apple Watch Band Review

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by asharp, Oct 27, 2015.

1. asharp

asharp Guest

My Lucrin Double Tour Apple Watch band arrived today.

The website is lucrin.com, and l first read about the bands on imore.com. I was getting tired of my white and black elastomer bands and wanted something more professional for work.

I didn't find all that many reviews of it on the Internet, so I thought I'd add my own.

I bought the natural color goat leather band, small strap with silver adapters and stitching that matches the color of the band for my 38mm aluminum Apple Sport Watch. It cost $282.88. Shipping is $9.99 and took 10 working days as advertised.

Lucrin sells both single bands and Double Tour bands for both 38 and 42mm in smooth and granulated textures in cow, goat, and ostrich leather. There are 29 colors to choose from, and the textures you can choose from depend on the color you select.

There are three strap sizes: small, medium, and large. They also come in a variety of stitchings: unbleached, red, orange, and turquoise threads for $9.99 extra. The thread that matches the color of the leather you select comes at no additional charge. You can also select either silver or space black adapters.

I had read some articles about dressing up Apple Sport watches with classier bands, and, like the reviews I read, I don't find the silver adapters against the aluminum face to be a distraction either. Close up shots make it seem a bigger deal than it is.

I love the band. It was very easy to switch it to the Apple Watch, and it's comfortable to wear. The quality is excellent. I'm seriously thinking of buying another Double Tour band in black. While I find it a bit pricy, two Double Tour bands are still half the price of one (gorgeous) Hermés Double Tour Apple Watch, and Apple doesn't sell the Hermés Double Tour band separately at this time.

The color I saw on the Lucrin website is different from the color of the band I received. It's brighter, richer and has more of an orange than a brown cast to it, but I don't mind. It's basically what I expected. I feel like I bought a brand new Apple Watch!

I've been wearing it for 7 hours, and so far the strap has not slipped underneath the Apple Watch. It's been staying put. And it doesn't look "chunky" either. Close up photos make it seem chunkier than it is.

Because it's still so new, I cannot address the subject of how easily the buckle might scratch.

I recommend that you wear it with the buckle displayed on top. If you wear it with the buckle underneath the strap, it will create a slight bulge on the part of the strap next to the top of the watch face.

Here are some photos of the band:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. jam5971

jam5971 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I don't see the point of a strap that is so long you have to wrap it round your wrist twice!

Apart from that it looks fine, just needs to be shorter so it goes on your wrist the traditional way.

Just my personal opinion. I'm sure others will think differently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Style doesn't need a point. Otherwise we would all be wearing un-dyed one-peice coveralls. :)

Not that I want a double wrap band. And more importantly, I'm not paying two thirds the cost of my Apple Watch for a double wrap band.

Then again, I'm not a stylish sort of guy.

• Like Like x 4
  4. asharp

asharp Guest

I had in mind those who like the Double Tour, a less common style of band, don't have a Hermés budget but can afford to shell out a few bucks for an expensive band that's not as costly as a Hermés.

There are tons of reviews of single strap Apple Watch bands on the Net.

5. asharp

asharp Guest

While some people have different Apple Watch budgets, some of us have similar Apple Watch budgets. However, we differ in how we spent the same amount of money:

For example, some chose to buy the Apple Watch with a Milanese loop. If they also perhaps purchased an extra Apple elastomer band for workouts, that's $700.

Then there are those like me who've spent almost the same amount of money but have perhaps ended up with a greater variety of bands by purchasing the Apple Watch Sport, an extra elastomer band and a very expensive but very different leather band. I don't have a problem with the fact that the Lucrin Double Tour costs almost as much as my Watch because it's in my Apple Watch budget and I wanted a couple of completely different bands.

Some online magazine reviewers seem to be extremely contemptuous of the Apple Watch Sport because it's less expensive and not made of the same material as other Watch editions. From my perspective, such reviewers miss the most fundamental point that the same care, thought, and standards went into making all Apple Watch editions.

The Sport is a finely crafted watch, and when you attach it to a finely crafted band that matches the Sport's aesthetic appeal, the Watch looks great.

As noted on the apple.com Apple Watch webpage, "As individual as you are."

6. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    If I came across as disapproving or disparaging of those that might want this kind of strap, or were willing to pay this much for a strap, it was not intentional. I represent only my own personal taste (or lack there-for-of), and budget priorities. It's not that I could not buy a premium watch band, or that I would not appreciate one, it's that my budget does not stretch to the bottom of my want list, and premium watch bands aren't in the 'affordable' zone by that criteria.

That said, the double wrap style does not appeal to me.

I am in the market for a dressier band than I have, in case I need to attend formal occasions (rare). I'm waiting until the Apple Watch band market is more saturated, and I can find one I like for a good (under $100?) price. Right now the navy blue leather loop by Apple is the one I find most appealing, but not quite enough make me set aside the money.

So, thank you for the post. I appreciate your efforts, even if this particular band is of no interest to me, personally.

• Like Like x 2
  7. seebee62

seebee62 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Great looking band. The double tour bands are very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. asharp

asharp Guest

[QUOTE="twerppoet, post: 3749, member: 11"

So, thank you for the post. I appreciate your efforts"[/QUOTE]

My pleasure!!

9. rolexini

rolexini New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi, really great band. Congrats.
    In fact the quality is the same as Hermes.

10. rolexini

rolexini New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi, I got a lucrin single tour cognac leather bracelet and it is really really beautifull.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456062733.370447.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. John Nilcru

John Nilcru New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I've been looking for reviews about lucrin apple watches online when I came across this post. Any updates on how the watch bands have aged so far?

12. robin222

robin222 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I also have a apple watch leather band in this style. It looks very beautiful and is comfortable to wear. It spend me $29.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]