Measurements needed!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Cirkle B, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Cirkle B

Cirkle B New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hello everyone. I know this sounds crazy but I don't own a iwatch myself. I am a leathersmith and have received a request from a customer to make a pocket saddle for their ( 42mm) iwatch. They cannot wear their watch on the wrist at work and wants the watch to be functionable with pocket carry. Is there anyone willing to help me acquire the measurements I need to make this item? I need the distance from the band pin to the other band pin and also how wide the band pins are (or width of your band at the pins). These measurements will be used for mounting the watch onto the pocket saddle. I would truly appreciate any help with this matter that you would be willing to offer. Best Regards, B

• Like Like x 1
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

If they have a passcode set the watch will lock when it is off the wrist. It will not be possible to access the various functions without entering the password every time. Also, the activity app will not work when the watch is off the wrist.
    This band design guidelines PDF from Apple contains all the measurements you'll need to create your Apple Watch carrier. https://developer.apple.com/watch/bands/Band-Design-Guidelines-for-Apple-Watch.pdf
    If you contact Apple about joining their developer program for hardware accessories, then you'll be able to buy the special strap connectors from Apple that could be used for locking the Apple Watch into your holder.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cirkle B

Cirkle B New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    You are awesome scifan57. Bless you! B

• Like Like x 1
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

You're welcome.