New Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Diana Kinder, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Diana Kinder

Diana Kinder New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I am Diana Kinder. I have had an iPhone 5s for three years and I have just bought an Apple Watch. My previous watch was a Fitbit Blaze which functioned well for 11 months and then would not retain its charge. I received a replacement that would not set-up or charge. I therefore switched my allegiance to Apple. One problem that I have now encountered is that my applewatch locks too quickly and keeps asking for the passcode. How do I adjust this?

Diana Kinder

• Like Like x 1
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, Diana!

It shouldn’t be locking and asking for a passcode while on your wrist. Are you referring to the Apple Watch locking when it is off your wrist? The locking of the Apple Watch when you take it off your wrist and the quick relocking after you enter the passcode while it is off the wrist are security features designed to protect sensitive data and render the Apple Watch useless to a thief. The time it takes to lock cannot be adjusted.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    The back of the AppleWatch needs to remain in good contact with your wrist or it will think you've taken it off, and lock. It does not have to be tight, but not sliding all around your wrist. This is to make sure someone can't pick up your watch (or snatch it off your wrist) and use ApplePay.

If you do not use ApplePay, you can disable it by turing off the Passcode in the Watch App on you iPhone. Once disabled, the watch will no longer lock, on or off your wrist.

While ApplePay is the main reason to have the AppleWatch lock there are some other privacy concerns, and having the watches lock is something of at theft deterent. I recomend experimenting with how tight you wear your watch before you resort to disabling the passcode lock.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1