pairing- series 1 manually

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by chickiquan, Mar 15, 2018.

1. chickiquan

chickiquan New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    my phone and watch stopped pairing to manually pair but the i icon is not in the upper right hand corner. scrolled down and its not there either. Can anyone help me please!!

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Was your Apple Watch charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger and was your iPhone close enough? I usually put the iPhone right next to the Apple Watch when pairing.
    Can you erase the watch and start pairing again?

• Like Like x 2
  3. meliahog

meliahog New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Go to the the apple watch app and you should see the "My Watch" screen. On that screen you should see:
    (your name) Apple Watch. If you don;t the watch is not pared. If you do see that tap on it. Your watch should display at the top of the screen. Tap on the information circle on the right side of the image and text. Two links will appear on the screen. "Find my Apple Watch" and "Unpair Apple Watch" If you don't see these links, you are not paired.
    I had a similar problem with pairing and my solution was to "reset and erase all data" from my apple watch. You will lose all your data and settings but you will not downgrade the Watch OS version currently on your watch. You can reset the watch from the Apple Watch app in the "General" section at the very bottom of the screen that has the link "reset". You can also do the reset from the Apple watch in the setting menu. To do this, press the bottom right button on the watch to bring up the docked apps. Settings will be on of the apps. Tap "settings --> general" then scroll to the bottom and you will see the "reset" option. Tap that and proceed to rest the watch. You will need to enter your Applis password or lock code. I forget which. Once the watch is reset to factory settings, pair the watch again. Remember, you will NOT lose the OS version installed on your watch. Set up the watch as to the settings you previously had and you are good to go. Sounds like a lot, but it's really no big deal. Took me about 10-15 minutes.
    Hope this helps.
    Mikey

• Like Like x 2
  4. meliahog

meliahog New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Let me add that while my watch was paired it was not communicating correctly with my iPhone 6. A lot of missed alerts, phone calls, etc. I reset my watch and it's now working fine. Don't know what happened, it just got a brain freeze somehow.
    Mikey

• Like Like x 2
  5. meliahog

meliahog New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    How did you make out with your watch? Is it working again?
    Mikey