Post your Apple Watch App ideas in here!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by JohnnyApple, Sep 10, 2014.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Have an idea for a call Apple Watch App? Hopefully someone will see your idea and make it. Post up your ideas in here.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

How about an app that would change the watch face based on location? For example, someone likes a Mickey Mouse watch dial but it's not appropriate for work. When they arrive at work the dial changes to an appropriate classic design and when they leave, here's Mickey!

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

That is a good idea, location aware watch faces!

4. Skimonkey

Skimonkey New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I'd say Mickey is appropriate for work or any wear! :)

Anyways, one idea for a watch app I'd like to see is one day an app that will replace glucose meters. One that can detect the level of glucose from your skin/sweat glands. Currently p, the conventional meters are all blood-born detection. It'd really be a welcome for those managing diabetes.

5. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Moderator Staff Member

thats really smart!

This would be one of those apps you download for a day and then delete, but maybe an app that makes a "high five slap" sound every time you make an air-five motion. (I'm channeling my inner Barney Stinson here)

6. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

You could have it show a continuously updated blood sugar level so the person would know before any symptoms show, that his blood sugar level is dropping or increasing. You could even program an alarm.

7. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Even better if it could switch based on your activity. For example, if when you started jogging the fitness app automatically started.

8. Skimonkey

Skimonkey New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I do like that, but would like to ensure sensitivity of the recordings. Based on glucose readings and what meal one ears determines how much meds to take/inject.

9. Harley Tink

Harley Tink New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I would totally download that app. But I would need it to have more sounds due to motion like a slapping sound when I swing my hand around so that I can play slap all of my buddies and co-workers. Maybe even a back-hand sound too. If I can suggest to my buddy with a hand motion that he is whipped, I would most definitely need a whipping sound to go along with that. Please please please make this a reality.

10. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

There's already a whip app for the iPhone, maybe it can be adapted for the Apple Watch.

11. Harley Tink

Harley Tink New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I really hope so. The possibilities are endless. I will probably get Apple Watch banned at my work within a year.

12. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    The Ingress virtual reality game could probably use the Watch. Much more discreet than whipping out a phone.

13. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Pill reminder app. You could kludge a solution using either the Calendar or Reminders app; but a nicer app that scheduled your pill, perhaps with a nice graphics, would be nice.

I don't have any regular medication myself, but I know a person or two that do. And anyone can find themselves with a temporary prescription.

14. Wschlaf

Wschlaf New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Tax time for small biz owners (or any biz owner) is painful. I'd love an app that tracks my mileage by asking me when I get out of my car, whether the last trip was for biz and if so, categorize and log it. Also, any credit card purchases made with a biz credit card (Apple pay or otherwise,) would allow me to immediately categorize and enter to my accounting software. Also to track my time by project, asking when I sit at my desk or to verify every hour during a certain window of time. All of this would integrate with my accounting software. Quickbooks is widely used but not intuitive and difficult. I would love to find a new software that is Apple-like in its design and interface. Take away my pain and let me do my work.

15. Maxwell42

Maxwell42 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    OK, what about a Remote Flashlight app?... that should allow us to turn on/off the iPhone's flashlight, from our wrist!

16. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    As a videographer, I would like to control multiple iPhones screens from my Apple Watch.

I now use an iPhone app called: multi cam. It works very well for controlling four devices. There are still some refinements to be made.

Video recording is going to take a bigger spotlight and I think the Apple Watch is perfect for it to control the start/stop motions of video.

17. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

The only problem would be the fact that an Apple Watch can be paired with only one iPhone at a time.

18. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Yes, that is a consideration.

Possibly, it could work similar to how my Keynote presentations work now. The Apple Watch changes slides on my connected iPhone 6 which is reflected on the Apple TV. It works well, after I figured out the nuances.

Controlling with an iPhone and also an AW adds a certain amount of flexibility in the right situation, especially if it means staying in the frame while self recording.

It's inevitable that developments will continue to evolve in this area, as I noticed a stronger demand with added technology support already present.

19. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    It occurred to me that simply having zoom control of a video recording in progress would be very valuable. I currently use FilmIC pro and Movie Pro and the only feature that I use, once the app has been calibrated for lighting and focus, is the zoom feature.

Consider the periscope app on the iPhone as a stand alone device and remotely controlled by an AW for zooming in for effect.

As I now have various iPhones from past use, I may have more than one AW in the future which would be paired to a unique phone for remote control.

Yes, I have stepped into the Apple ecosystem and it works nicely.

20. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    All you really need is a good watch app paired with the phone/app that currently controls all the other iOS devices. Though I'm doubtful about how well this would work, it's certainly an intriguing idea.

• Like Like x 1