Tons of Apple Watch bands to choose from.. and that's great!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by JohnnyApple, Sep 9, 2014.

1. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

I was super stoked to not only find out about the Apple Watch (of course) -- but that they already realized and took care of the fact that everyone will want to personalize it. Different bands, different sizes, different materials... 3 watch types and 2 watch sizes to choose from. All very cool.

Once again Apple showed everyone what a truly polished idea looks like once you take your time to get it done right is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

In the rush to be first on the market with a smart watch, Apple lost out. But, as Apple always tries to do, they took the time to get it right, something the other manufacturers didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I agree and from what I can see non of the competitors come close.

4. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Moderator Staff Member

I think that having interchangeable bands is also a phenomenal feature. I no longer will need a casual watch and a fancy watch. I just need separate bands. I could honestly have a bunch of different bands just to match with the different outfits I wear each day.

5. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

I think a lot of buyers will end up buying several bands at the same time as they buy the watch.

6. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Edition
    All points agreed!

7. juccu

juccu New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Agreed, I think the interchangeable straps will be one of the biggest draws for buyers. The technology is in the device itself but the bands will make it a fashion accessory - This a new area for Apple but one that could be a game changer.

The possibilities are limitless with straps at every price level. Everything from solid gold with diamonds, to cheap plastic straps and everything in between. Apple have already hinted at collaborations with high end luxury watch manufacturers by hosting a high profile dinner for 250+ fashion insiders and also getting a spot on super model Liu Wen's wrist on the cover of Vogue Magazine, China (Novembers issue). This surely shows their intent to enter the world of fashion.

It'll be interesting to see how many wired and wonderful designs and style pop up not to mention the accompanying apps. Imagine being able to buy a Cartier strap and then downloading a Cartier app that allows you to choose from a selection of matching watch faces! Any brand, any strap, any app!

• Like Like x 1
  8. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

It will be interesting to see if Apple allows third party vendors to make and sell Apple Watch bands.

9. juccu

juccu New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I hope so. It'l be good to see what people come up with if they do.

10. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I recently bought a black stainless steel band from China for less than $20, including shipping.

I highly recommend it for looks and feel, and I alternate wearing the sports band for the appropriate occasion.

Attached Files:

11. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I saw a video on the various straps and bands available from Apple.

What seemed clever is the ability to mix sport band colors, assuming there is more than one band. In the future, my wife will get an AW, and she would want to switch out bands for the right occasion. She has resisted the AW because there has not been a compelling enough reason for her yet. I expect that will change with WatchOS 2.

The prices seemed much higher for the Apple bands and I will prefer to get compatible options available from the overseas market.

Already, I have the black Milanese band and I'm very pleased with it. I will consider the other colors of silver, gold and rose for future possibilities.