weather apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Frank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Frank

Frank New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I'm looking for a good weather app. yahoo rarely updates and doesn't show current conditions on the face - the face seems to update rarely; and the information on the "inside" is confusing as I can't tell wto what evening, morning and afternoon refer. "The weather" doesn't give me the temperature on the face. Carrot only gives me the "feels like" temperature on the face - great if you live in a nudist colony.

Is there an app that gives me current weather (temperature) on the face with regular updates and gives more complete information on the "inside" (with the tap)?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    If you already have Carrot, and are paying the premium subscription, then you can choose a variety of complications for the different slots. Go to settings in the app on the iPhone and drill down to Apple Watch, and Complications.

I also like the Dark Sky and Weather Underground app. The small complication on both show both weather condition and current temperature.

But to be honest, for the watch complications, I almost always use Apple’s native weather app. There is Weather (temp) and Weather Condition (cloudy, etc.) for older watches. I you have a Series 4, you can also get Wind (direction) and AQI (air quality index) complications. The large center complication of the Infographic Modular face is also much more detailed then the older modular complication.

I tend to create and use several specialized faces depending on what I’m doing. My general face has some small weather complications. My ‘watching the weather’ face has the big central complication and three of the small complications dedicated to weather; on an Infographic Modular face. After much tinkering, I ended up with all Apple Weather apps on that face.

So why do I have the other weather apps? Because I really like them on the iPhone. Their watch app complications are only ok. If I want to open the app itself on the watch, I use Siri.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2