Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by wicked, Mar 9, 2015.

1. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    AppleWatchForum.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Apple Watch.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Apple Watch questions, problems or would just like to discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) devices, tablets, phones etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ian MacGregor

Ian MacGregor Active Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    My name is Ian MacGregor and I found this site through the iPhone Forums site. My first Apple product was the iPhone 4, back in 2012. I fell in love with Apple products and ended up buying an iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod Touch, Apple TV, and a Mac mini over the years. Of course, I have been keeping up with the iPhones as well and currently own an iPhone 5s and an iPhone 6. My next purchase will, hopefully, be the Apple Watch.. but I can't decide between the Watch or the Sport - I will definitely be rocking the Mickey watch face, though.

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Edition
    Welcome @Ian MacGregor , glad to see here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. asharp

asharp Guest

Hi,

I found this site while reading a member's post through iPad Forums on Tapatalk. I've posted off and on in iPad Forums for a few years, so I'm familiar with some of the members of this forum.

I've only purchased Apple devices since the early '90's when I bought my first computing device, a PowerBook 145.

I still have my PowerBook but not my Centris, my iMac, and a few other devices. But I still own 2 iPod Touch 2nd generation models that work just fine, 2 iPad 2’s (one which belonged to my deceased husband), 7 first generation iPad Minis I use for group work with my students, 2 white MacBooks, a 5+ year old MacBook Pro, an 11 inch MacBook Air, an iPad Air, an iPhone 6, and a 38mm Apple Watch Sport edition with a white elastomer band.

I typically use 4 devices throughout the day as a college professor: my iPad Air, MacBook Air, my iPhone 6 (although less and less), and my shiny new Apple Watch.

Even though I just got my Watch 4 days ago, I'm rapidly running the (excellent) battery life into the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Edition
    Welcome to the Forum @asharp. Congrats and enjoy your new toy.

6. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forum @asharp.

7. asharp

asharp Guest

Thank you!

8. chuhk

chuhk New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I'm HK Chu from Hong Kong and found this site via Google Search.
    Hope to obtain and contribute info about Apple watch to this place:)

9. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forum, @chuhk! We'll help you to learn all you want about the Apple Watch.

10. chuhk

chuhk New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Thank you scifan57 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

You're welcome.

12. Pamela Holmes

Pamela Holmes New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Glad there is a forum to get information on my new watch, stilling learning to us it. Really want Facebook on here soon, hope there are working on it.

13. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forum, Pamela! We'll help you learn as much as you want about the Apple Watch.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  14. SirRichard

SirRichard New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi, just found out about this forum and have joined. I have been looking for a place to discuss problems.... have contacted Apple three times and for the first time ever found no help. I will search the forum to see if anyone else has the problem I have. I am looking forward to learning a lot about the watch
    SirRichard

15. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, SirRichard! We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

16. MrMars

MrMars New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Hi, my name is Chris. I found this forum
    via the Tapatalk app for iOS. I have owned Apple devices since the 1st gen iPod. I'm a recent Apple Watch owner and love it so far. Looking forward to learning new things here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. SirRichard

SirRichard New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Has anyone else had a problem hearing message notifications on your watch? I can hear all other notifications, but rarely hear the message notifications. I have contacted Apple and done all they recommended (reboot, turn all volumes to max, etc) but to no avail. If any of you have same problem, please let me know what you did to fix it.
    Thanks in advance...

18. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, Chris!

• Like Like x 1
  19. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Have you tried sending yourself messages, or have someone else do it while you keep an eye on the watch; just to nail down the symptoms, or lack of them?

Me, I used to hear them fine, but I haven't had the sound turned on for the watch for several months. I just turned up the taptics to max, which I usually notice, and only I notice. I like it that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Diane B

Diane B New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Diane B from foothills, NC US. I bought my IWatch in December sort of on a whim. Have a long distance friend who had one (She's always an early adopter) and we've talked about how much she likes hers and finds it useful. Best Buy had a $100 off and I had Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket. I had been a bit wary because I haven't worn a watch for years, use my phone if I need to know, IOW I always had something with time on it with me.

Bought it and am surprised how much I really like it. i use the activity/exercise app every day, I like notifications, use timer and alerts, like having temp and weather handy and I really do like wearing it. Oh, have often answered IMs with it, even (hopefully without looking Dick Traceyish) answered a call or two on it LOL and often use Apple Pay on it. I bought the Sport because it's a first gen and wanted to see if I like using it. If I buy another I will likely buy the stainless but am happy with my space gray/black band. I have bought several bands from Moko, red, white and a Milanese loop from someone else. I wear the antique white band the most now.

I find it a useful addition, don't have to pull my phone out or pick it up at home for many things. I'll buy another but not real soon.

As to sound, I keep it muted and rely on the taptic touch which works for me.

• Like Like x 3