Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by wicked, Mar 9, 2015.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    The walk workout only counts if you walk over a certain speed. No idea what the speed is. I suspect it varies based on the information you enter about your height, weight, etc. I typically walk between 3.5 and 4 miles per hour and most of it counts. Walking will count towards the ring even if you don’t start an actual workout, if you walk briskly enough; but it won’t show up in the activity app unless it is an actual workout.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lisa C.

Lisa C. New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    That kind of amazes me. I just got two minutes exercise (not clicking on the app) just by walking from my car, to my building and up 3 flights of stairs. I walk for 1 1/2 hours and get one minute! Your walking pace is a running pace to me. I can't walk that quickly, but I have constant movement and my heart rate is up. I guess I will just check the "other" exercise, as it may not track my distance, but it will give me exercise time and close my ring for moving for the 30 minutes. I appreciate your help. I was on apple support last night and they wouldn't address the issue of a "brisk" walk, even though it was in their articles. They kept wanting me to pair and unpair my phone, and told me today that we would have to unpair it and start the watch back without using my back up data, and lose everything, to try to make it work. Seems like this has been reported many times and they would do something to fix it.

I appreciate all of your help!

3. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    What model of watch do you have, and are you carrying your iPhone when you walk?

4. Lisa C.

Lisa C. New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I have a Version 3, and I do carry my phone with me. I have walked with it in my hand.

5. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Ok. That eliminates a lot of things.

It probably won’t help, but make sure your age, weight, and height are entere in the Health app under Medical ID.

Also, in the Watch App, the My Watch tab > Privacy, make sure Fitness Tracking is on along with the Heart Rate.

You can also try the Reset Fitness Calibration Data on this screen. I don’t actually know what this will do, but it does sound promissing.

Go for a couple of long straight walks with the phone and watch after you do, to give it some new data to work with. With luck the watch will change it’s mind about what’s exercise for you.

00933EAE-3F51-45E8-B76B-9B1930B27FEB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lisa C.

Lisa C. New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I will try more walks. The apple article they told me to read said something along the lines of the walk will not register as exercise unless you go into the app and start the exercise. Somehow I have 11 minutes exercising today, (the green ring), just from walking down the hall at my office, or going up and down the stairs a time or two. It amazes me that this thing has a mind of it's own.

I appreciate all of your time and effort, and I am going to keep working with this. Someone said that the watch is supposed to get more accurate, the longer you use it. I don't know how true that is.

I will play around with it and see what happens. If you come up with anything else, please share. I definitely appreciate all of this. You seem to want to help more than Apple does!

• Like Like x 1
  7. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    No problem. My watch certainly got more accurate over time, so there’s hope.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tj.varone

tj.varone New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I too have some problem with series 2 and also with series 3. It does many things well but tracking outside activity is not one of them in my opinion. 3.5mph is not a walk to me. It’s closer to. Fast jog. I tried it cycling 2 times, it give me a 9.7 ride duration of 45 minuets gave38min exercise time Distance 7.23 when I looked at the map of the ride, I know the course and all the places it said I was not exercising were on hills, speed my have been slower but heart rate high. I too had spoken to Apple care the folks at store, no hope or help at this time......some for walking...just do,them as other....and take credit for times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Annie_8plus

Annie_8plus New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Hi everyone! My name is Annie. I just found this forum after joining Tapatalk. I got my first Apple Watch back in April as a birthday present. I got the series 3 cellular 42 mm gold watch. I’m thrilled with it and I’ve been having great luck with it. I’m happy to find this forum. I participate regularly on iMore. My other Apple devices including my iPhone 8 plus and my iPad Air 2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, Annie_8plus! We'll be glad to help with any questions or problems you may have.

11. Annie_8plus

Annie_8plus New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

You're welcome.

13. ssr0405

ssr0405 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    New to forum. Series 4, 44mm stainless steel. St. Louis, Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, ssr0405!
    We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

15. Samboni

Samboni New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Hello to all. I am one of the newest addition...
    I got my apple watch for Christmas and it was time to update my phone .... and my Fitbit is resting in peace :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple Watch Forums, Sanboni!

17. adali

adali New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hello everybody
    i am new here.
    My name is Adali.
    I have a new watch series 4 and was looking for something at google and found this site..
    I think i can learn a lot here.

18. scifan57

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome to Apple watch Forums, Adali! We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

• Like Like x 1