Why did you buy your Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by Izabella Hannah, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Flight0

Flight0 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I bought my series 1 42 mm because of issues with my Pebbles. They would disconnect from my phone a few times a day both on iOS and Android. I just switched to iOS and the ability to respond to texts with voice not available like on Android. I couldn't resist the price of $200 either.

I'm enjoying responding to texts from my watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Data_Daedalus

Data_Daedalus Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Notifications! Ever so useful notifications! The ability to respond to an ICT Support Helpdesk email notification by popping up at the sender’s work desk in record time (because just one short glance tells me who needs support) - is absolutely priceless.

We’ve just had powerful new Cisco Meraki APs installed in the entire building at work. I can now leave my iPhone in my office and still receive virtually all notifications, and even receive and make telephone calls without any dropped calls.

It’s truly exhilarating.

A month ago, I left home without my wallet and suddenly realised I was running out of fuel at 5.30am in the morning! My blood ran cold, as I was past the point of no return. Then I remembered my trusty series 2. I’d set it up for Apple Pay - and despite the £30 per transaction limit, I pulled into a Garage and bought an emergency £20 worth of fuel for my 2nd Generation Prius Hybrid (a.k.a. The Spaceship).

The Apple Watch 2 proved it’s immense worth right there!

Side note, I did get over 200 miles out of that £20.00 emergency fuel purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 4
  3. FrancesCook

FrancesCook New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hello!

Has a long time read an excellent article on the reasons for buying an Apple Watch.

It's inspired me to buy one.

Just wanted to share it with you.

Hope it helps!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sarithz

Sarithz New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Edition
    I’ve often asked myself this question. I’ve bought every watch Apple has released and am disappointed each and every time. The LTE model works 10% of the time for calls, app selection is meh (I’ve even written a couple myself to try and help the community) and the faces options are abysmal unless your a Disney fan.

It does a fair job for fitness tracking when I hike or go mountain biking, but I know it has more potential than just letting me know I got a Facebook post or an email. Don’t think I’m trolling or a hater, honestly I’m not, which is why I keep buying them. I just wish Apple would at least lighten up on the faces and open those to developers as well. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. markbrowne49

markbrowne49 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Like a gadget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. adrie2017

adrie2017 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I bought the Apple Watch for walking, reminders from the iPhone, calendar.
    I also get notifications when someone calls me and the iPhone is in my jacket. Normally i don’t hear the iPhone when it is my jacket.
    I also get notifications from games.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 1