Workouts and Activity?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by nicshow, Jun 25, 2020.

1. nicshow

nicshow New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I rode a bike 3 times this morning 20 minutes, 23 minutes and 6 minutes. All 3 "workouts" show on the activity app but only 21 exercise minutes show for the day. Why?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I’m not certain what metrics apply, but if the Workout app decides you did not actually work hard enough for it to be a workout, it won’t advance your exercise ring. Alternately, even if you don’t use the Workout app, if you walk/run or otherwise seem to be exercising, you’ll get some credit towards the exercise ring.

It also adjusts now and then. So it’s relative to how active you’ve been. Towards the end of summer last year, when I’d been walking a lot, and fast, the Workout app only gave me credit if my pace exceeded 18’. Now, after a long and less active winter I get credit for anything better than 21’.

So, if you had some easy spots, or spent a lot of time stopping for traffic, that time won’t count.

• Like Like x 2
  3. nicshow

nicshow New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Thanks for that - I'm also wearing my phone on my belt along with the watch. The phone is counting some activity as steps. I rode for 31 minutes this morning, according to the Workouts app which shows on the activity screen but only got 10 minutes of exercise.

• Like Like x 1