Apple Watch Health Fitness Features [Official]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by iDan, Sep 9, 2014.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Apple Watch Revealed with the new iPhone 6 Smartphone on the 9th of September. This Video is about the Health and Fitness Features.

2. garnet510

garnet510 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Edition
    Now this is a selling point for me. Found the ad video to be informative while not overbearing.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Anti-Apple people often like to blame all of Apple's success on advertising. That they fool you into buying things you don't need. {as if that would work more than once}. There is a bit of truth in it, at least in the effectiveness of their advertising.

Many other tech companies like to bullet point features, convincing you that the more you have the better the product. When they do offer use case commercials they tend to the extremes. People doing things they would normally never do, like: impressing a girl (with your gadget) at a ski lodge, saving the 'big' presentation at work, or flash dancing while doing spreadsheets.

Apple likes to tell a story about using their devices in everyday life. How they make things easier, more interesting, and more beautiful. How they enable you to keep in touch with the people you care about. This is a story the gets to people. A story you can immediately identify with. Most importantly it's a story that makes you imagine how you would use the device.

And that's what sells it to you. Not the features. Not the looks. Not the Appleness. The mental picture of yourself using the device to do the things you want to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

And that's why Apple can sell so many devices at a relatively high cost and still have customer satisfaction ratings well over 90%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ian MacGregor

Ian MacGregor Active Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I'm a walker, average 5 miles daily, and I like that the Health app in iOS 8 provides Steps and the like. The Apple Watch is going to be an informational tool for the folks who are into fitness. Can't wait to see what it brings!

6. Ian MacGregor

Ian MacGregor Active Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Well, just a few minutes into my walk I decided to up the pace and jog. Surprisingly I was able to jog most of the 5 miles without much trouble - emphasis on the "surprisingly"! I have been eating healthy and exercising for a year so I guess my body was up to the task despite being 51 years old. I am soooo looking forward to getting the Apple Watch! Hopefully it will help me track my workouts and runs.

Today's take:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. rockyromero

rockyromero Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I've increased my awareness & health activities due to the Apple Watch.

I have been using other wearables for the past few years: Fitbit, Jawbone, MIO, and Misfit Shine.

I still use the Misfit Shine for the sleep monitoring and it's also waterproof.

The AW provides everything else.