Apple Watch Pre-order Thread - What's your ship date?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by iDan, Apr 10, 2015.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Let us know if you've placed a pre-order for the Apple Watch and what your ship date is.

I placed an order about 15 minutes after the Apple Store came back up for a black Apple Sport Watch and my estimated ship date is June.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

I got my Apple Watch ordered less than 30 seconds after the store came online and my expected delivery date is April 24th-May 8th. That means it will likely ship on about the 19th of April.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. AppleWatch@UVA

AppleWatch@UVA New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Ordered a 42mm Space Grey Sport at 3:07EST. Available to ship: 4-6 weeks. Delivers May 13 - May 27.

4. 4Nines

4Nines Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I ordered a 38mm Silver and a 42mm Space Grey Sport at 6:10am CST and my shipping date says June.

5. corlando465

corlando465 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I ordered at 3:20 EST - 38mm white sport - with delivery time 4/24-5/8

6. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Administrator Staff Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Initial Apple Watch stock dries up in minutes, shipping times quickly jump to 4-6 weeks

[​IMG]

Consumers who weren't ready to to order at exactly 12:01 a.m. Pacific time on Friday have missed their opportunity to receive an Apple Watch on launch day, as every model is now unavailable until at least mid-May.

Apple Watch Sport was the first to go, with delivery times slipping to "4-6 Weeks" less than 5 minutes after pre-orders opened in some locations. Stainless steel models quickly followed, though some of the more expensive versions remained available for launch day delivery for over an hour.

Edition models skipped the 4-6 week window entirely, dropping directly to June, where nearly all models now stand.

Apple warned of supply constraints earlier this week, choosing to take pre-orders exclusively online to cope with expected demand. Many consumers appear to have followed the company's advice to stay home, leaving relatively quiet scenes at Apple retail stores around the world.

"We are excited to welcome customers tomorrow and introduce them to Apple Watch, our most personal device yet," Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts said. "Based on the tremendous interest from people visiting our stores, as well as the number of customers who have gone to the Apple Online Store to mark their favorite Apple Watch ahead of availability, we expect that strong customer demand will exceed our supply at launch."
    While some believe that Apple is purposefully withholding Apple Watch stock to drive an increase in perceived demand, that remains an unlikely possibility.

The Watch is an extraordinarily small and complex device, using many components that have never made their way into a shipping Apple product before. Sources toldAppleInsider last month that Apple faced production issues with the wrist-worn device "at every stage of the development."

Apple CEO Tim Cook has previously discussed his displeasure with the fact that Apple is required to schedule major media events — like the Watch unveiling — months in advance, as it needs to coordinate the availability of venues larger than its on-campus auditorium. This situation prompted the addition of a larger facility to the company's new spaceship campus, and could have been a tip that Apple would have preferred to push the Watch debut back, but could not for logistical reasons.

Lending credence to word of supply constraints, Apple also shipped apparently buggy versions to advance reviewers, promising that new software would address many of their issues before consumers receive the devices, an extraordinarily unusual move for the company.

4-10-15

Source

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. ArubaKid

ArubaKid Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I had my order for a 42mm stainless steel with black sport band in at 3:05am Eastern time. Email confirmation said "Shipment 1 Delivers: April 24 - May 8 standard shipping."

8. bige12

bige12 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    I ordered a 42mm SS with black sports band, and Estimated deliver date is 4/24/15 to 5/8/15

9. rocky.pope1

rocky.pope1 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Ship date is May 13-27.

10. bvdfit1970

bvdfit1970 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I was dumb and fell asleep and ordered mine at 6:00 am PST and have a ship date of "June"...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

I think there's a fair chance that you and others with similar shipping dates could see your Apple Watches ship earlier than expected if Apple can ramp up production soon enough.

12. betsy515

betsy515 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I ordered in the first 5 min started at 3:01 and was all finished ordering at 3:05 so I am expecting the April 24. Delivery. Because any time I have ordered my iPhone's and iPad I started the min I could and I always got it the first day it came out.

13. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Youre confirmation should have included an expected shipping date. Lots of people ordered in the first few minutes, and still ended up with delivery dates later than the 24th. I suspect it had a lot to do with the model ordered. I ordered the space gray with black band; which according to a lot of informal polls seems to have been a very popular choice.

14. betsy515

betsy515 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    My ship date says 4/24-5/8 but if I get in that soon I have always got in on the first day! So we will see.....

15. applewatchhelp2015

applewatchhelp2015 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    hi, does anyone have updates to the status of their order? mines still processing items and i got a estimated delivery date of 24/4 - 8/5

16. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    If they stay true to form it will say 'processing' until shortly before it ships, and your card won't be charged until around the same time. I suspect that is what processing means; that they've got your order but haven't shipped it or charged you for it yet.

17. fdolce1991

fdolce1991 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Currently in the same boat with the shipping starting to get annoyed

18. Tickelme76

Tickelme76 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Still nothing yet.

19. sickpup

sickpup New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Just checked my status and one of my watches has now changed to:
    Preparing for Shipment
    Of course it is my wife's watch, a 38mm sport. My watch still shows processing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. betsy515

betsy515 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Mine changed to preparing for shipment! Yes!