Buying a series 6 from eBay

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by kevindd992002, May 13, 2021.

1. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    So I'm buying a series 6 from eBay but I'm hesitant with the seller as he only has 4 reviews and 1 of them is negative. He sent me the actual picture of the sealed box with the serial number but when I checked the serial in Apple's warranty check website it says it was activated last May 3, 2021 and has parts warranty until May 2022. The warranty period makes sense but how is it activated already if the watch is unopened? Is this possible? I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt but he also can't explain why the Apple website says it is already activated.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

The warranty period starts as soon as the watch is purchased, not when it was paired with an iPhone for the first time. I’d be leery of buying an expensive electronic item from a seller with little visible experience and such a low feedback score.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Right but I checked serials from other sellers and they all come out in apple's website as not activated?

4. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe the seller opened the box, used the watch for a while and sealed it up again.

• Agree Agree x 2