External HR sensor

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by Peetee, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Peetee

Peetee New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Hi all,

I am using my Apple watch series 3 with external HR belt (suunto) and everything works correctly, while I wear apple watch on my wrist. As soon as I take watches off, workout automatically stops.
    I don't want to wear the watches during excercise, because I am often using kettleblls and I am afraid of the new watches.

Is there any known solution for this?
    Thank you in advance.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'm afraid not. The Apple watch will only be fully functional when on your wrist and logged in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    You can fool the Apple Watch into thinking it is still on your wrist if you have the passcode enabled.

Place the watch face up on a opaque surface that contacts the back of the watch, tap the face to wake the screen, tap again to see the passcode entry screen, then enter the passcode. The watch unlocks, and should work normally. For a while anyway.

I’m not sure how long it will stay unlocked. I’m not sure what will happen when it makes one of it’s periodic checks for your heart rate. In short, you’ll have to experiment to see if it works.

Of course, I could be wrong. The watch might be smarter than I think, and know the difference between a wrist and an exercise bench.

Alternatively, you could pair your HR belt with the iPhone instead. The same data collected to the same place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. electip

electip New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    EDITED

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018