GPS-data and maps?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by Sal B. Fit, May 19, 2015.

1. Sal B. Fit

Sal B. Fit New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Hi!
    Garmin, Polar, Suunto, TomTom, Nike, Epson, Runtastic, Endomondo, Runkeeper, Strava, etc. all have Websites and Apps where you can evaluate your runs, see maps with your GPS-data and other interesting informations.
    What about Apple Watch's Workout App (the only running-app that uses the in-built HF-mesurement) ?
    If you go for a run and take your Iphone with you, you can track your run (GPS). Where can I see the map afterwards?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    The Workout app does not map your run. It uses the GPS (if your phone is with you) to make more accurate distance measurements, but (as far as I can tell) it does not record and save the map data.

I know that Runmeter has a watch app, and I suspect most of the other's you mention do, or soon will. Of course, these are pretty limited on the watch, and you have to have your iPhone with you for the run. I have Runmeter, but haven't tried the watch app yet.

The heart rate info is saved to the Health app on your phone. It seems to take several minutes after the workout is saved for it to all be there, but you can review it there using the Day view, or looking at the raw data.

• Informative Informative x 1