Is the Activity App helpful to you? How are you using it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Fitness and Health' started by DrumsOfGrohl, May 29, 2015.

1. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Moderator Staff Member

Activity-app.png

The activity app is supposed to be one of the big selling points of the Apple Watch, so I'm wondering how you're using it:

What are you setting your goal at?
    Are you finding that you're reaching your goal?
    Is it motivating you to exercise more? Demotivating you?
    Do you feel like you're becoming more aware of the activity you do in a day?

What else do you like/dislike about the feature?

• Like Like x 2
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I use the activity app every day, it's a great motivator. The instant feedback is great for keeping up with your excercise and activity goals. Check out this screenshot of the activity awards I've already achieved.
    I've been raising my goals a little bit every week.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet Well-Known Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Well, I certainly stand up more often. Right now I've got a streak of unbroken goals, and I'm reluctant to mess that up. I went for a walk at 10 in the evening a couple days ago, just so my longest moves goal streak didn't' end. :)

I've increased my Moves goal from to 700 calories, up from the 600 I started with. Just to push myself a little. The watch recommended 750 calories after the first week, but I'm being cautions. Besides, I already walk a lot most days.

I've left the 30 minute exercise goal alone, for now. I may have to increase it. Since the 1.01 update pretty much every walk I go on counts, in part at least, towards that goal. Before I had to walk very briskly for several minutes, or use the Workout app to get anywhere with the exercise goal.

The hardest to keep up with the is the standup goal; because there's no making up for missed hours with a quick evening stroll.

I was tracking most of my activity with other tools before this, so it probably hasn't changed my activity level much (except for standing). But I do like this better than the other tools I've used so far. That would be the Withings Pulse, Argos, and the Humane app; and before FaceBook bought them the Moves app.

It doesn't do everything, but it's a good selection of tools for general activity tracking.

4. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    *sigh* the watch ignored the fact that I stood up at least twice today, and now it's no longer possible to make my standup goal. I think I'll pout for while. I had a five day all goals met run going. Four more days and I could have beat my previous record. At least my latest moves streak is still going strong.

Note: If I hadn't sat around watching shows all day, those two missed hours wouldn't have mattered.

5. SeeEmAge

SeeEmAge New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I really love my Apple Watch and I use it since it came out. It motivates me more often than I thought. But there are still some days that annoys me with the notifications. Anyways I don't want to miss it. I love fitness stats. I had before the Nike+ Fuelband. Sadly it is discontinued... Apple Watch is better than it. So I use it everyday and it motivates me nearly anytime :) I hope it will be heal for more years so I can use this nice Wearable!

• Like Like x 3
  6. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    Not surprsingly, after over two years of wearing my Apple Watch I find that my stand-up notifications and other activity stats are easily ignored. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. scifan57

scifan57 Administrator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

The most annoying notifications from the activity app for me were those breathe reminders. I ended up turning off all notifications for the breathe function.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. twerppoet

Model:
    Apple Watch Sport
    I occasionally do some breathing/relaxation routines, but I also found the notifications annoying and turned them off.

• Like Like x 2
  9. k5mow

k5mow New Member

Model:
    Apple Watch
    Yes the Apple Watch has help me be encouraged to move more often. Also it tracks my activity points and put them in the weight watcher app.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk